**UPDATE AS OF 8-30-14**
A direct message From the City of Elizabethtown:
“The Heartland Festival fireworks will be rescheduled in conjunction with our Christmas festivities that will take place downtown on Saturday, December 13th. More information regarding schedules, etc. will be available at a later date. This is all the information I have at this time. Thank you.”
See below for the awesome line-up of great FAMILY FUN IN
HARDIN COUNTY KENTUCKY!
Friday August 22, 2014
FREEMAN LAKE PARK – GATES OPEN 5:00PM
Admission to the park is only $2 per car for parking. Discounted thanks to sponsorship from Kentucky Utilities.
There will be plenty of great food from commercial and food vendors ready to serve our community at this traditional event for Hardin County!
- 5:00 pm Mud Volleyball Tournament
- 6:30pm -Baby Contest for children ages 0-5 – OFF SITE at PRITCHARD COMMUNITY CENTER. Want to register your child? You can pre-register your child by picking up a registration form at the Republic Bank or the Pritchard Community Center. Here is the Baby Contest Registration Form. Please note it is only $10 for pre-registration but it is $15 to register your child the day of the contest. Once you have completed the registration form, send it and a $10 check made out to the City of Elizabethtown to the following address:
- Kentucky Heartland Festival Baby Contest, Attn: Events Coordinator,
PO Box 550, Elizabethtown, KY 42702
- IMPORTANT: There will be several age groups competing at the same time. If you have more than one child in different age groups, plan to have another adult to assist as you will more than likely be placed in a different location at the same time.
- Pritchard Community Center is located at 404 S. Mulberry Street in Elizabethtown, KY.
- 7:30pm -(FREE) Family-Friendly Movie at the Bandstand. Featured Movie is going to be ‘Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs’. Bring your chairs and blankets and maybe…just maybe you’ll be able to capture a few lightning bugs while you wait for the movie to begin!
Saturday, August 23, 2014
PAINTING FOR TIPS ONLY – While you are at the Heartland Festival in the Park, be on the lookout for Rachel’s Face Painting. They’ll have all their painters there painting for TIPS ONLY and they are going to make MANY MANY children (and adults) very very happy!
AM Rotary Community Breakfast 6:30-9am
Sponsor: AM Rotary Club
Come enjoy this great breakfast at the Pritchard Community Center
Carry will be out available
Advanced tickets can be purchased at Hair Tech in Elizabethtown (527 W. Poplar Street)
Bluegrass Cellular Heartland 5K Run 7:30am
(Click on link above for all the details about the run)
Heartland Tennis Shoot Out 8:00am
Click Here to learn all about this!
Canoe Races 9AM
Click Here for the form on the canoe races.
Heartland Festival in the Park Parade 10:00am
Theme: Playing it with Heart in the Heartland, Sponsor: Bob Swope Ford
Wondering where to go watch the parade? The parade begins at the public square and proceeds up N. Dixie Ave so anywhere along that path is great!
FREEMAN LAKE PARK – FUN ZONE, fun for all ages – 11am-10:00pm
Admission is $5 per car from 11 a.m to 4:00 p.m., $10 per car 4:00 p.m.- 10 p.m.
Carnival rides and vendors open
12:00PM: Dinky Gowen Magician Show
12:00PM.: Music Stage (under Earnie Williams Pavilion)
1:00PM: United Way’s Got Talent Contest
3:00PM.: Nutty Scientists Educational Show.These folks are awesome! You totally should make sure you attend this awesome show! They will make everyone in your family HAPPY!
4:00PM : Dinky Gowen Magician Show
6:00PM : VIP seating opens. Click here for more info on VIP tickets.
6:30PM :Olivia Henken concert begins
9:45pm – 10:00pm – FIREWORKS!!
Location: The Heartland Festival in the Park takes place at Freeman Lake, 140 Freeman Lake Park Road, Elizabethtown
Info: Please visit the official Heartland Festival in the Park website for more information. City of Elizabethtown, Events Coordinator, 200 West Dixie Ave.
PO Box 550, Elizabethtown, KY 42701, Phone: 270-765-6121