Here are a list of ideas on things you can do this summer to keep the fun coming! Many of these ideas don’t break the bank either. That’s a plus!
These are in no particular order.
1. Funtopia Fun (free)
2. Elizabethtown Pool ($2.00 per person) – Funtopia is right next door. Pack a picnic and make a day of it!
3. Central KY Rods & Machine Car Cruise (first Saturday of the month)
4. Radcliff Pool at Colvin Community Center ($3.00 per person)
5. Hardin County History Museum (free): Open Tuesday-Saturday.
6. Swope Cars of Yesteryear (free) Closed Sundays and holidays.
7. Downtalking Walking Tour in Elizabethtown (free) It’s every Thursday at 7pm starting on June 5, 2014.
8. Netflix & Popcorn Night – Grab a Netflix and a box of popcorn and you’ll surely create fun memories. When was the last time you sat there on the sofa with the kids and watched the entire movie. No phone calls, no texting, no folding laundry? Laughter, smiles, fun and giggles are sure to abound! ($1.25 +popcorn)
9. Home Depot Fun on Saturday (1st Saturday of every month)
10. Bowling at Fort Knox – It’s a great way during the summer to bowl and save money! The Houston Bowling Center on Fort Knox is offering a Thursday Throwdown Bowling Special! Up to 6 Bowlers per Lane
2 hours of Bowling, one 17″ 1-Topping Pizza,
a Pitcher of Soda, and Shoe Rental
$25.00 (per lane) . For more information, call (502) 624-4740. The location of the bowling alley is 2385 N Knox St, Fort Knox, KY 40121 and you do not need to be military to enter Fort Knox and use this great offer.
11. Second Saturday (free)-A great time in downtown Elizabethtown from 5-8pm the second Saturday of each month.
12. Stories & Tails (free)- Fun at the library with stories and dogs the second Saturday each month.
13. Splash Park at Fort Knox -($5 or only $4 for military) Fort Knox is an open military base. Meaning you do not have to be affiliated with the military to use the splash park. Simply show your driver’s license. Sometimes they may ask where you are going.
14. Farmer’s Market of Hardin County – Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, it’s a great chance to get some fresh air, some tasty foods for the family and support local farmers.
15. General George Patton Museum of Leadership (free) -Patton Museum now has 9/11 Pentagon Fire Truck on display
16. Lego Night at the Library (It’s the last Tuesday of each month at 5pm)
17. Play area inside Severns Valley Baptist Church - The indoor and outdoor playgrounds are open to the public. Hours are Monday/Wednesday/Friday from noon – 4:30 PM, Tuesday/Thursday from 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM. The address is 1100 Ring Road, Elizabethtown, KY, 42701.
18. Greenbelt Walking Tours and Park - Come explore all the cool trails, paths and ways to see many hidden areas in our community.
19. Sonic Slush Happy Hour – The Slushes and drinks are 50% off from 2-4pm at Sonic. Grab some slushes, get some sidewalk chalk and make it a fun afternoon to beat the heat.
20. 33 Things under $10 that will keep the kids busy ALL SUMMER LONG!
21. Rainy Day Fun – Make a Spider Web
22. Make a Summer To-Do List for your Family
Tell us below in the comment sections any of the things you do with your family and whether they enjoyed it, loved it, or maybe you’ve got some ideas of things we can add to our list the next time!